Sugar Free Banana Bread – All About the Healthy Recipe
Sugar Free Banana Bread – All About the Healthy Recipe
Sugar Free banana bread is a delicious and versatile baked food that is loved by many. It is a perfect way to use up overripe bananas and transform them into a tasty treat that can be enjoyed any time of day. The bread is moist, tender, and bursting with the sweet, fruity flavour of ripe bananas. The aroma of freshly baked banana bread wafting through the kitchen is enough to make anyone’s mouth water. Banana bread can be enjoyed as a breakfast or brunch item, as a snack, or even as a dessert. It can be customised with different mix-ins like chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruit to add extra flavour and texture. Overall, Sugar Free banana bread is a classic comfort food that is sure to delight your taste buds and warm your soul.
What is Sugar Free Banana Bread
Most of us are familiar with Banana Bread, let’s try to make it a healthy treat by taking sugar out of it. Sugar Free banana bread is a type of banana bread that is made without using any refined sugar. Instead of sugar, it may use natural sweeteners such as honey, maple syrup, or in most of the cases mashed ripe bananas. Some recipes may also include additional ingredients to enhance the sweetness, such as cinnamon, nutmeg, or vanilla extract. Sugar Free banana bread can be a healthier alternative to traditional banana bread, as it may contain less added sugars and more nutrient-dense ingredients.
Sugar Free Banana Bread – Why is it a healthy option for us?
Sugar Free banana bread can be a healthy option for several reasons, which I have tried to list down below:
- Bananas are a good source of nutrients: Bananas are rich in fiber, vitamin C, vitamin B6, potassium, and manganese, all of which are essential for good health.
- Whole wheat flour: Banana bread made with whole wheat flour is a good source of complex carbohydrates and fiber, which can help regulate blood sugar levels and keep you feeling full for longer.
- Nuts and seeds: Adding nuts and seeds, such as walnuts or chia seeds, to banana bread can increase its nutritional value by providing healthy fats, protein, and additional fiber.
- Low sugar content: In Sugar Free banana bread recipes we use natural sweeteners like honey or maple syrup or Overly ripen banana instead of refined sugar, making them a healthier option.
However, it’s important to note that not all banana bread is healthy. Some recipes may include a lot of added sugar or refined flour, which can negate any potential health benefits. Additionally, portion control is key as banana bread is still a baked good and can be high in calories.
How is Sugar Free Banana Bread still Sweet
Best and most healthy to make your Sugar Free banana bread sweet is by using ripe bananas that are not overly ripe. Overly ripe bananas have a higher sugar content than less ripe bananas, so using bananas that are just ripe enough will give you a less sweet yet overly mouth watering banana bread.
Additionally, you can use other ingredients to enhance the flavor and sweetness of the banana bread without adding refined sugar. For example, you can add cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, or Honey to the recipe, which will add flavour and sweetness without adding sugar.
Finally, using whole wheat flour or other whole grain flours instead of refined white flour can also help reduce the sweetness of the bread and make it healthier overall.
Let’s Jump to Sugar Free Banana Bread Recipe
Here is a recipe for Sugar Free Banana Bread:
Healthy Ingredients to Prepare Your Blast of Taste :
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs (Optional use Yogurt or Flax egg)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (Avoid if you are using overly ripen bananas)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Instructions to Prepare Your Blast of Taste:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, applesauce, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and stir until just combined. If desired, fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Allow the banana bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove it from the pan and transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy your delicious sugar-free banana bread any time of the day.
Sugar Free Banana Bread – Nutrition Facts
The exact nutrition facts of Sugar Free banana bread can vary depending on the specific recipe and ingredients used. However, here is a general breakdown of the nutrition facts for a typical slice (1/12th of a 9×5 inch loaf) of no sugar banana bread:
- Calories: 116
- Total Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Sodium: 169mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 18g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 3g
It’s important to note that even though there is no added sugar in the recipe, there are still natural sugars present in the bananas and other ingredients used.
Sugar Free banana bread is a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional banana bread. It’s easy to make, uses natural sweeteners, and is packed with nutrients. So, the next time you’re craving banana bread, give this recipe a try!