How to Eat Chia Seeds – Recipes with Chia Seeds
Eating heathy is really important to live a good life and to maintain that we have to choose the right food. Chia seeds is one of the most powerful super food and very well-known food from the ages, which can help us maintaining good health. Some times we get confused about how to eat chia seeds or how to use chia seeds. So, today we will talk mostly all about how to eat chis seeds or how to use chia seeds, so that is most effective.
Chia Seeds are plant-based protein rich food which contain alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), the plant-based Omega 3 fatty acids, which our body is not capable of creating by itself. Chia seeds are high in fibre, protein, and rich in antioxidants. They also contain mineral essential for bone health including calcium, magnesium and phosphorus.
Some recent researches have shown that chia seeds improve digestive health, treat diabetes and boost your metabolism. With so many health benefits, I do not see a reason for which Chia Seeds should not be included in our regular diet. So, now here we are going to share with you how to eat chia seeds or how to use chia seeds.
How to Eat Chia Seeds Included in your Diet Plan:
Here I am going to share with you some delicious recipes of chia seeds, they are not just tasty but also very healthy. So, let’s start to see how to use chia seeds or how to eat chia seeds. I have also tried to categorize the use based on different types of meals that we have multiple times a day:
1. Quick chia seeds recipes:
In today’s fast-paced world, let’s take a look on some very quick Chia Seed recipes which are super easy to consume and can be prepared in no time. You might think of consuming these recipes before you march up for the work or hitting the gym. Try out these recipes with chia seeds.
Drinking Chia Seeds in Water:
Drinking chia seeds in water is one of the best ways to consume. It is the simple and quick recipe to add in your diet.
To make this recipe all you need to do –
- Take 1/3 cup or 40 grams of chia seeds and soak them in to 1 litter of water, give them rest about 20 minutes.
- Once chia seeds get swollen stir it nicely and drink it as you drink water.
- Chia seeds are flavourless, and if you want to make your chia seeds water flavoured then you can add your favourite fruits, lemon, mint to give it the flavour of your choice.
Drinking chia seeds in water will help you to lose weight faster so, if you are trying to lose weight you can add this recipe in your diet.
Chia fresca is quick healthy recipe which keeps your body hydrated throughout the summer season. Chia fresca is an energy drink which you can consume during your workout or post workout.
To make this recipe all you need to have –
- Take 2 cup of water, 2 tbsp of chia seeds, 1 tsp of lime or lemon juice, 1 pinch of Himalayan salt and for sweetener add 1 tsp honey or maple syrup.
- Add chia seeds and water in a jar and stir well to combine. Let sit this mixture for 15 minutes and allow chia seeds to swell up.
- Now add other ingredients like I have mentioned above and give a nice stir.
- Your quick energy drink is ready to sip.
Chia Fresca also helps to lose weight faster.
Take any juice which you are sipping in your daily diet, it can be pomegranate juice, apple juice, coconut juice etc.
To make this juice all you need to do –
- before drinking juice just add 1 to 2 tbsp of chia seeds and stir well to mix.
- Allow chia seeds to swell up.
- Now your chia juice is ready to sip.
Make your salad much healthier by dressing chia seeds on top of it. We all include salad in our diet to lose weight and it is healthy too but, at times to make salad tastier we add sugar in it. So, I must tell you if you are really concerned about your health and trying weight loss, try to make some healthy and delicious recipe. So, just sprinkle chia seed on your salad.
2. Chia Seeds included in Meals:
It will not be a bad idea to include Chia Seeds in your daily meals. Be it lunch or dinner, just add some Chia Seeds to make it healthier, more supportive to maintain your health and stimulate the weight loss. Try out these meals recipes with chia seeds.
Chia Seed Oatmeal:
You can try this recipe h seed oatmeal for breakfast or with your any other meal of the day. Overnight chia seed oatmeal will kick start your day with a boost to your metabolism.
To make this recipe –
- Take 40 grams of instant oats, 2 tbsp of chia seeds and 1 cup water. Mix together in a jar and place in the fridge.
- Before serving it, add seeds you like, fruit, cinnamon and almond.
- For sweetener add stevia low carb sugar.
- Mix again all the ingredients and serve cold for breakfast.
You can have it in your dinner as well.
Chia in Soup or Curry:
You can add chia seeds in any soup or curry to make soup or curry healthier. But, remember the bottom line which is to let it soak into your meal for time to allow it swell.
Chocolate chia Pudding:
Chocolate chia Seeds pudding is my favourite. We can have it as desert included in any of our meals.
To make this recipe –
- Take ¼ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 tsp cinnamon powder, 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey, ½ cup chia seeds, 11/2 cup of Almond milk.
- Take a jar and mix all the ingredients, close the jar with lid and shake to combine. Now refrigerate overnight.
- If you want shake again before serving.
- Serve cold with fruit or coconut whipped cream.
To make this Keto Chocolate chia pudding just replace maple syrup with Low carb sugar (Besti, Truvia, stevia leaves)
Chia Pudding with Yogurt:
Chia pudding with yogurt makes chia seeds pudding creamy and delicious. This chia seeds pudding is very easy to make and hence is a very effective and easy meal solution for working women.
To make this recipe –
- take ½ cup Greek yogurt, 2 tbsp chia seeds, ½ cup of non-fat milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tsp cinnamon powder.
- Mix all the ingredients in a jar. Stir well add maple syrup or honey for sweetener or add stevia low carb sugar.
- Cover the jar with lid and place in the fridge overnight.
- Serve cold with fruit, nuts chia seeds pudding.
Eat this recipe for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
3. Chia Seeds in Snacks or Mid-meals:
We often feel hungry in between our meals. Rather eating junk food, you can try out one of the below mentioned recipes to get maximum benefit. So, see below recipes with chia seeds.
Chia Pudding with Milk:
Morning breakfast would be full of nutritious, protein, full of fibre, minerals and healthy, and Chia pudding with milk is the best recipe for breakfast, which will fill your all body requirements.
To make this recipe you need to have –
- Take 11/2 cup of milk, ½ cup of chia seeds, 1-2 tbsp of maple syrup or honey.
- Add flavour vanilla or cocoa.
- Mix all the ingredients in a jar, cover the jar with lid and give it a healthy shake.
- Let chia seeds swell up and refrigerate overnight. After 4 to 5 hours your healthy and delicious breakfast is ready.
- Your chia seeds pudding is ready to serve.
- Serve cold with sliced fruit or nuts on top.
You can replace milk with coconut milk or almond milk.
Chia in Smoothies:
Smoothies are very common mid-meal or snack. You can use chia in smoothies as well, any smoothy which you like the most. Just soak chia in water to make gel before making smoothy and add them to your smoothy.
In mid-meal/snack bars Recipes:
Making mid-meal/snack bars recipes at home would be great because you can make it by your choice like for sweetener you can use low carb sugar as I have mentioned above, and for making it full of nutrients you can add chia seeds or flax seeds in it.
Crunchy Chia Seed Crackers:
Make your own full of omega 3 fatty acid and gluten free crackers at home by adding chia seeds and flax seeds. These crunchy chia seed crackers are loaded with health benefits.
Take yogurt, add chia seeds, mix well and allow chia seed to swell up, add fruits if you like and Have it after 10 minutes. This is the great pre workout snack.
Chia Seed Jam:
Add chia seeds to you favorite jam. When Chia seed comes in touch with liquid, it gets swell up. So, adding chia in you jam can give you thick consistency and will be healthy too.
I hope this article gives you a very fair idea on how to eat chai seeds or how to use chia seeds in very much details. Please do mention in comments if I have missed out any commonly used recipes in this article, I would love to add them here.