Best Home Remedies and Tips to Stop Hair Fall
Best Home Remedies and Tips to Stop Hair Fall
Everyone loves their hair as they make you feel young and stylish. Specially girls, they are really crazy about their hair and when it comes to styling, they do a lot of it. Figuring out that your hair started falling, may give you shock and worry for why is it happening. These days hair fall is most common problem worldwide and there are many factors can lead to hair fall like change in life style, stress, pollution, lack of nutrients, lack of sleep, hair styling, coloring your hair frequently or genes. Now you must be thinking that how to stop hair fall from root or what medicines/home remedies treatments are safe to stop hair fall. So, please continue reading while I will try to answer most of your questions.
Table of contents:
- What are the causes for hair fall?
- Home remedies to stop hair fall
- Tips to stop hair fall
What are the causes for hair fall?
Generally, every day you lose hair while washing, combing or even while blowing it dry. Typically, you lose 50 to 100 strands a day, which is considered normal, as they fall of as they age out and we get new hair to replace them. But when you find that you lose excessive hair from your scalp, you got to be worried about it as it can cause baldness, which in worst cases may also affect your entire body.
So, here can be many causes for hair fall, let’s discusses below
- One of the generic reasons for hair fall is genetics as we all get genes from our parents (maternal or paternal side), which decide our most prominent traits.
- Lack of proper nutrition: not taking proper nutrition from your diet may impact your hair structure and hair growth. Such as: zinc, iron, fatty acids, niacin, vitamin D, vitamin A, selenium, biotin, folic acid, antioxidants, amino acids and proteins.
- Hormonal changes can cause hair fall: menopause, childbirth, pregnancy, birth controlling pills and stress.
- Medical condition also can cause hair fall: thyroid, scalp infection ring warm, alopecia areata and diabetes.
- Hair fall can also due to medication used to treat diseases like cancer, depression, heart problems and high blood pressure.
- Extremely going through hair styling which include hair color, blow dry your hair, using hair spray product, permanent straightening and curling.
- It happens for those who have gone through chemotherapy, radiation therapy, autoimmune disease.
So, I think you got the picture that why hair fall happens but if hair fall is just started it can be controlled.
Home Remedies to stop hair fall
Methi Seeds (Fenugreek):
Fenugreek seeds (methi) are also known as Indian ancient spice which not only add a punch of taste in food but also provide a lot of health benefits. Fenugreek seeds are also considered a good home remedy to stop hair fall as they are rich in vitamin A, K, C, folic acid and also contains in a high amount of minerals such as iron, calcium and potassium. Fenugreek seeds are filled with protein and a good source of nicotinic acid, which are known to be beneficial to stop hair fall, dandruff, variety of scalp issue like dryness, baldness and hair thinning.
- 3 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds
- Take 3 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in to a bowl and add water.
- Soak and leave it for overnight.
- Grind the same to make a paste with water.
- Apply the paste to your hair and scalp.
- Leave the paste on your head for 20 minutes.
- After 20 to 30 minutes rinse your hair with normal water.
for better result apply it twice a week
You can trust onion juice blindly when it comes to stop hair fall. This onion juice does wonderful remedy to your hair because onion juice is rich in Sulphur, which helps in producing keratin – are needed for growing hair, when you apply onion juice to your scalp it can provide extra Sulphur to prevent hair loss and stimulate hair growth. Onion also contains antibacterial and antifungal properties which help to prevent scalp infection which can reduce hair loss. If you apply onion juice regularly, it will not only create natural shine in your hair but will also improve blood circulation in the scalp resulting in faster growth and healthier hair.
- Onion 3-4
- First peel the onion and chop them nicely.
- Put chopped onion in to the grinder and make fine paste.
- Apply paste or juice on the scalp.
- Leave the paste on your head for 20minutes.
- After 20 to 30 minutes wash it with mild shampoo and cold water.
for better result apply it twice a week to observe the change.
Hibiscus is one of the most eminent remedy for promoting hair growth. Hibiscus contains vitamin c, vitamin b2 (riboflavin), calcium and carotene which are help to prevent hair loss. Hibiscus flower and hibiscus leaves both of them have immense benefits for hair. Hibiscus not only prevent hair loss but from hair dryness to split ends and greying to rough hair, you have complete hair solution in the form of hibiscus.
- 6-8 Hibiscus flower
- 8-9 Hibiscus leaves
- 1 cup Coconut oil
- Wash the hibiscus flowers and leaves and put them in to the grinder and make a fine paste.
- Now heat up the coconut oil and add hibiscus paste to it.
- Let them boil about 4-5 minutes.
- Once the oil has cooled, take 2-3 tablespoons to use and store the rest in to a small glass bottle.
- Apply this to your scalp and massage for 15 minutes.
- Now leave the oil for 1 hours and then wash off with lukewarm water and a mild shampoo.
Do this 3 times a week for better result.
Your hair feel happy when they get in touch with aloe vera, because it is packed with nutrients, minerals (copper, zinc) and amino acids which are proven to stimulate hair growth and strength. Aloe vera is rich in proteolytic enzymes which are necessary for healthy and faster hair growth, improves the health of hair follicles and help to repair the damaged cells in the scalp.
Aloe vera also has anti- inflammatory properties which help prevent scalp irritation and aggravation. It is also a very good hair conditioner.
- 1 cup fresh Aloe vera gel
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp castor oil
- 2 tbsp fenugreek seed
- Take 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in to a bowl and add water
- Soak and leave it for overnight
- Now make a fine paste of soaked fenugreek seeds
- Now take an empty bowl and mix all the ingredients and make paste
- Apply the paste to your hair and scalp
- Leave the paste on your head for 30 minutes
- After 30 to 40 minutes rinse your hair with normal water and mild shampoo
Do this 2 times a week for better result.
Reetha, Amla and Shikakai:
As most of the shampoos available in the market contains harmful chemicals, so here we go with a natural therapy which has been trusted by our grannies for ages because of its time-tested ingredients while it doesn’t even make a hole in your pockets.
This wonderful trio will not only give natural shine to your hair, but will also support the internal health of hair preventing hair fall.
In case you are at a place where Hindi names are not so prevalent, here we write the English names for your reference.
Shikakai: Acacia concina
Below is the list of ingredients in these amazing home wonders, which give you super healthy and stylish hair to flaunt.
Amla: Indian gooseberry is rich in antioxidants, which is very important to protect hair cell. Hair cell control everything starting from hair growth to graying hair. Antioxidant can repair your damaged hair cells and can protect your existing hair cells from further damages and hence play a vital role in hair health.
Reetha: Reetha is rich in iron and has a very effectivehair cleansing agent that is saponins, that keeps your scalp healthy by removing infection causing microorganisms. Also, it makes your hair shinier and softer. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that can help to get rid of scalp irritation and itchy scalp, due to it’s antibacterial and antifungal nature, which keeps your scalp free from dandruff and prevents hair loss.
Shikakai: Shikakai is best herb for hair, shikakai is rich in vitamins (A, D, C, E, K), antioxidants and micro nutrients. Vitamins can help to nourish your hair, antioxidants in shikakai is boon for hair and micro nutrients can help to hair growth. Use shikakai regularly and that will help to prevent hair loss, increase hair longevity, helps to bring bounce and shine to the hair.
- 1tbsp Reetha powder
- 2tbsp Amla powder
- 1tbsp Shikakai powder
- 1tbsp Hibiscus flower powder
- 2tbsp Curd
- 2tbsp Coconut Oil
- Take a clean bowl.
- Put all the ingredients, mix well and make fine paste.
- Apply this paste to your hair and scalp
- Leave the past on your hair and scalp for 1hrs
- After 1hrs rinse your hair with normal water.
Do this 2 times a week for better result
Tips to stop hair fall:
- Use a mild shampoo or chose the right one for you or at least make sure your shampoo is not overloaded with harmful chemical contents like
- Be aware of your hair/scalp type. For dry hair overdoing the shampoo may lead to hair fall and for oily hair avoiding the shampoo for more than 2-3 days might not lead you to best results.
- Always use conditioner after a good relaxing head bath but make sure the conditioner is not applied for too long or too short. Ideal time is 2-3 mins before you wash your hair with water.
- Avoid overdoing of straightening, perming and coloring your hair.
- Always remember healthy lifestyle is the key so, avoid stress, take good diet (protein rich) and drink ample water.
- Avoid washing your hair with hot/warm water and tucking your hairband too high.
- Always loosen your hair when you go to bed.
- Always mix the shampoo with some water instead of applying it directly on to your scalp to avoid high chemical content of shampoos.
I hope I have covered some useful home remedies which are time tested, natural products and will not make you loosen your pockets as well, along with few tips to avoid or follow some habits in order to protect or make your hair healthier and prettier.
I would recommend to have calendarize the use of above-mentioned homemade hair packs to use home regularly for best results.
Please do share your experiences with us using the comment box below while I am working on the diet chart for your guys for hair regrowth, so stay home, stay healthy and stay tuned to this space.
Note: In case you are prone to allergies or have any other health issues, please consult with a doctor before trying out any new dietary or even external usage supplement.
4 thoughts on “Best Home Remedies and Tips to Stop Hair Fall”
Very useful information…
I’m going to try for sure the first remedy (Fenugreek,water & Grinder)
Thanks for your support. This helps us create better content.
Thanks for your support. This helps us create better content.